Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park 08' < 1 >

Sequoia_9

Thanks my blue civic.



OK....I finally catch the time to get start writing my traveling story. This is the first one, Sequoia & Kings Canyon NP.

This trip I didn't plan a lot, I just booked the campsite one week before we went there. It's kind of rush. This time I just went with David. Chen is in PHD program, and he has regular meeting in Friday. You know, the camping partner is quite difficult to find. XD

Anyway, as I was hitting to the Sequoia, I thought it's worth to go aboard. I really visited many places. That's the reason I'm here, experience more, not just get the master degree. and by that time, Peru is waiting for me. Therefore, everything seems going to the right direction, and yes, I'm going forward!!!



Sequoia_2
On our way to the Sequoia, we always some cars trailed a boat. BUT!!! It's not the direction to the ocean. Finally, we got the answer, there is a lake on the mountain!!!XD








Sequoia_8
We just arrived. The most beautiful sunset during the trip. It's pity that we didn't have time to get the good spot to take pictures.



On the second day, we did some hiking in the morning. Yes, I'm a hiking-addicted, and in the afternoon, we went to the General Sherman Tree, the pretty famous spot, and after that, we were exhausted because we got up early and didn't sleep well last night. We camped beside some noisy family. Thus, we took some rest and after that we signed up Crystal Cave tour. The last schedule of the day is finding a spot to take sunset. However, the air is awful because the air pollution. The wind will bring the dirty air from coast to the canyon.




Sequoia_14
Sunrise on the second, I forgot what time we got up, but I think you can see it's quite early. XD





Sequoia_16
Mororock, a little steep, but not too far to go up there.




Sequoia_32





Sequoia_34
晨光





Sequoia_36
Tunnel Log





Sequoia_37
Way to another trail





Sequoia_39
Crescent Meadow





Sequoia_43
David is a proportional scale. XD





Sequoia_46
eagle view.
As my memory, this the way to the highest peak in America?(California?), Whitney, we just reached to the eagle view and turned back, just a short walk.





Sequoia_49






Sequoia_51
haha, it's time to use my macro lens!!!





Sequoia_60
Then, we walked another short trail, it's another look out point.





Sequoia_61
Take a break!!




Sequoia_65
and yes!! we saw a bear!!!! I just hided away to take a shot. XD





Sequoia_75
It's a long round trail to circle the meadow





Sequoia_78
There is some tree house.



Look from outside.

Sequoia_79






Sequoia_84
It's Lunch time!!! I made the beef one day before we go, and I realized we need an ice storage. Thus we can prepare more food, and there is always a market in the NP which we can refill our ice.






Sequoia_89
Sorry, I didn't have good picture of General Sherman, but you can look its world records. XD (General Grant is in Kings Canyon, we go there tomorrow)






Sequoia_91
Crystal Cave





Sequoia_93
The tour guide...解說員...hmm what's the good word in English





Sequoia_107
I had no idea how to take pictures inside. XD





Sequoia_108
Touching Rock!!! XD the only rock we can touch in Crystal Cave because oil in our hand will destroy the making process.




Sequoia_109
Trees separate roads, quite interesting.





Sequoia_112
Sunset can't see. Actually it's funny, there is a commentated board, whose title is "Can see or Can't see", said that if the quality of air is good you can see how far, and on the other hand, if the air is bad, you can see how far.....and this one is "Can't see" XD

To be continue.....

Comments